Ranked in order of importance:
- Consider your geographic market and make sure your domain has the best TLD for you ie. co.uk. If your primary market is in the UK then it is important to use a .UK TLD and host your site on a UK based server.
- Include a keyword in your Domain name (you can use hyphens). Keep it simple and don’t string a load of keywords together. For example if you are selling gardening services – www.yourname-gardening.co.uk
- Don’t skimp on content. Create as much content about your business and its products or services as you can. Once you’ve created your content put it into logical sections that can be used as a part of your sitemap and social network strategy later on.
- Make a keyword list but do it after you’ve written your content! There are tools you can use to research your keywords for example, Wordtracker or Google AdWords amongst others.
- Settle on 4 or 5 primary keywords to use as sub-sections. Once you have 4 or 5 primary keywords, position secondary keywords with the primary word associated with it.
- Make a diagram of your navigation system. Use your primary keywords as headers and secondary keywords as headers for content pages under each of them. Once you have your primary content map, use a secondary list for facilities such as About, Terms, Contact, Privacy, Resources.
- Edit your content. Once you have worked on your keywords, revisit your content using your keyword knowledge, but don’t go over the top! This means writing paragraphs ensuring the right phrases are in the right place but not making it obvious that its written for search engines. Don’t write too much on a page or deviate from the page’s topic.
- Pay attention to each page’s structure. Now you have your content, and you have factored in your keywords its time to check the structure (think of each page as a mini website). Here is the checklist:
- Does the page title reflect the content of the page?
- Have you included a primary keyword in the title?
- Meta keyword (don’t expect too much here) but, list 4 or 5 for each page
- Meta description (a short summary of the page) This is important as you can manipulate the search engines into displaying this when a search is made for a keyword in the description.
- Don’t put too much code or external style sheeting inside your page
- Ensure images have the correct alt attributes
- Use H1 tags for headings and keywords
- Proof read your pages and ask someone else to look too. See if it makes sense, hits the nail on the head and isn’t too spammy. Check for obvious keyword omissions.
- Now you are ready to submit your content and upload it to your website template!
Based on 16 reviews
Based on 12 reviews
Based on 4 reviews
Amazing service from Elly this week! Above and beyond expectations! Thank you so much. Definitely 5 stars!
08:08 13 Sep 19
17:26 11 Sep 19
Elly at Biteinto has created a wonderful website, in budget and on time! She listened carefully to our brief and has managed to incorporate both our technical requirements and ethos. Biteinto offer a bespoke, personal service. They are creative bunch and had masses of input from concept to completion. Biteinto are able to manage a variety of projects including; build, design, marketing, and sales. They have encyclopaedic knowledge of all things Equestrian. However, do not be put off if you are retail or media, as Bitenet have a breadth of commercial knowledge and experience. I feel very fortunate to have found Bitenet they are a pleasure to work with. I look forward to our long term relationship. Thank you so very much for your commitment Elly, and thank you fir a website we are all so proud of.
15:24 26 Aug 19
Many thanks for a thoroughly professional and highly competent service from Biteinto and Elly Gray. Our website was completely revamped and up and running again in a matter of days. Elly is always contactable and endlessly helpful about both the technical and creative side of web design. I highly recommend them.
10:35 23 Aug 19
I can't thank you enough for weaving my site! I had been putting it off for ages thinking it was going to be marathon, but with your clear vision and being quick to establish what I needed and helping me through you made the process totally painless!! I'm thrilled, many thanks Elly!!!
15:41 21 Aug 19
Elly developed and designed our website and the results are fantastic. Creative, quick and professional we are thrilled with the quality of service and finish of the website. They make a complicated process easy to understand and offer excellent knowledge and advice. I would highly recommend their services.
08:48 20 Aug 19
Elly Gray is fantastic to work with. She was integral to raising the brand awareness of OSLOH. She was especially effective in developing media coverage, reviews and influencer relationships for the brand. I highly recommend adding Biteintonet and Elly to your team.
18:01 10 Aug 19
Elly completely revamped my company website about a year ago and was incredibly efficient and always on hand to help whenever we needed her! I would recommend her services without hesitation.
Lady Elizabeth Anson
18:55 09 Aug 19
We've been working with Elly at Biteinto.net for over 7 years now and on behalf of the whole team at Saving Faces, we couldn't recommend her highly enough. We've always received fast and efficient service, sometimes often at short notice when necessary and we couldn't thank her enough for her patience, understanding and all the helpful non-jargon advice she has given especially as we are fairly a non-technical team. Elly's also been great in creating our two new websites and understood from the start exactly what we wanted.
09:20 09 Aug 19
You got our business within 5 minutes, you guided us and we have ended up with the website we wanted 3 years ago. All previous frustrations with old website forgotten. Thanks so much Elly. You’re service goes above and beyond.
07:51 09 Aug 19
Elly is fantastic, she really understands the needs of our business and continually updates our website to perfectly match our requirements and budget. She is also a pleasure to work with and we look forward to continuing to do so - www.beaufortpoloclub.co.uk
09:19 08 Aug 19
Elly has been very helpful in building our website and making sure all our requirements were met. We have experienced far more sales with this website than our previous one, in large part thanks to Elly's efforts. The response time is very fast and being a fairly non-technical company we find that all our questions are answered clearly.
Wimbledon Debenture Tickets
12:56 07 Aug 19
Elly at biteinto created a new website for us which we are so pleased with. She has also helped us out with Mailchimp and social media campaigns and offers a really fast and efficient service, pulling out all the stops at the very last minute when necessary.
10:10 07 Aug 19
Elly has been looking after my website construction, management and social media for over a year now . As a small brand owner with little knowledge of these things it has been fabulous to sit back and let Elly and the “bite” team help me , inspire me and help to build my brand, they’re fabulous, she’s fabulous.
09:30 03 Aug 19
We have been working with Biteinto.net developing our online marketing for sometime with amazing results. We couldn't be happier with the responsive service that they have offered. Honest straightforward advice without the corporate jingo, so helpful in understanding our sales strategy and rebranding. Lateral thinkers in a manner that so many other agencies are not.
18:03 12 Jul 19
09:45 22 Dec 13